9:28 PM

Organization

Posted by CivilWar Fangirl

I've been meaning to do this entry for awhile but just have not got around to it until now. As many of you know, I LOVE tea! I've been reviewing tea for the Tea Review Blog for a couple of months now and am really enjoying it!

The kitchen in our apartment is quite small and space is limited AND I have quite an extensive collection of tea as you can see from the picture below:


I try to store my loose leaf tea in small canisters. If not, I just keep them in the bags they are purchased in. My bag tea was stored in a plastic tupperware container. Basically, the whole thing was really disorganized. At the time (over a month ago), I was trying to think of ways to organize my tea better. With limited space, it was difficult. Jeremy suggested I buy less tea. I'll let you guess what my answer was to that ;).

Now we come to the cool part. Jacki, Jeremy's sister (and my awesome, future sister-in-law!) was up visited so we went over to see her, Alexandria and Zachery. She said she had a present for me! Was I ever surprised when I opened the bag to find a wooden tea chest!! To me, it was an awesome present! Here it is:

Cool, eh? It is perfect for keeping all my bag teas organized!

Immediately upon arriving back at our apartment, I set out to get my tea organized. Below is all of my tea. I told you I enjoy tea ;). The two tupperware containers were full of bag tea. The little containers and bags are loose-leaf tea.

And this is the tea chest when I was finished:

I know, maybe not the most exciting thing to everyone but I was super happy to get all my tea organized! Yes, the chest is absolutely full. Getting all my tea organized made me realize how much tea I have!

What else was I happy was? How thoughtful the gift was! So, big thanks to Jacki for buying it for me! I had actually been looking for a small tea chest like that for quite awhile and was not having any luck finding it. I have the best (future) sister-in-law! :)

6 comments:

ICandee said...

That is very cool, congratulations! I need some good suggestions for tea so I can try to drink more of that instead of coffee. Any suggestions?

Sean80 said...

You take the phrase "all the tea in China" to a whole new meaning. lol I think you're the first tea geek I've ever met. ;) We have a Teaopia in my building at work and they have a ton of teas and I've tried a lot. Pomegranate green tea is the best so far.

JackiYo said...

Love ya, Mary :) So glad you liked it. I wasn't sure if you would already have something like it (seeing how much you love your tea!). I'm glad it's being put to very good use :)

JackiYo said...

The funny thing about the box, too, was I had seen it the day before while I was rushing past the store and thought, "I have to get that for Mary". I went back the next day and I bought the last one! Glad I hadn't waited any longer!!

CivilWar Fangirl said...

ICandee: I could suggest so many teas to you! ;) I am going to send you an e-mail soon with some recommendations rather than list them all on here. Be on the look out for that! :) And may I just say I am always happy to hear that someone is thinking about drinking more tea!

Sean80: *LOL* Yes, I am a tea geek! I am so jealous there is a Teaopia in your building! They are a bit pricey but man, do they have some good tea. The closest Teaopia to me is in Guelph, I think :( Awesome about the Promegranate green tea. Are there any others you can recommend? I'm always looking for new teas to review for the Tea Review Blog.

Jacki: Love ya too! :) Yes, I most definitely like the tea chest! You have no idea how happy I was when you surprised me with it! I think Jeremy was happy too because I got all my tea organized and it wasn't falling out of the cupboard every time he opened the door! ;) BTW, it was great to see you guys this weekend! BTW, regarding the wedding planning...I think I'm going to send you an e-mail cause I've got a few questions for you (hope you don't mind!).

Stephanie said...

I actually happen to think that that wooden tea chest is the bee's knees!!! WOW very nice! And thanks for the mention of the blog, you are such a fantastic reviewer!