1:04 PM

BIG NEWS!!!

Posted by CivilWar Fangirl

Jeremy & I have wonderful news! We have a house! It is located here in Goderich. We found out yesterday afternoon that our offer was accepted. Whew!! What a big relief that was! Both of us are both really excited.

The closing date is June 30th, so we have about six weeks left in the apartment. I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be moving somewhere with more space and away from our neighbors who: a) have a severe water fetish (they are constantly running water! It's now to the point where we get disrupted by it because it cuts down on our water pressure...) and b)play horrible music really loud! Anyway...they are a whole other story...;)

Our new place has two bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom downstairs. The basement is finished which is exactly what Jeremy wanted to set up the home theatre system. I wanted a place where I can workout (cardio, yoga, weights) and play videogames so I have the downstairs bedroom for that. It will also serve as a guestroom. I know that one of the first guests in there could very well be my best friend, Jessica, from Missouri. She's staying with us while she's here for our wedding. The kitchen is a nice size, so I'll have lots of space to bake!

There isn't much fixing up work for us to do. One of the first things I want to do is re-finish the kitchen cupboards. That will be my big project!

Moving definitely will not be too bad, because we don't have very much stuff! I've already started packing stuff up (books, winter clothes, etc) but I'll really put a push on it now.

I'm sure the next six weeks will be pretty hectic for us! Jeremy was saying they'll probably fly right by. Here's hoping! Lots of stuff to do this week: home inspection, financing, insurance, etc.

I'd imagine once we are all settled, we will probably have some sort of house-warming party :).

7 comments:

JackiYo said...

yay! yay! yay!

CivilWar Fangirl said...

Thanks!! :)

You'll have to take a drive by the house next time you're in town. BTW, when are you coming up again for a visit??

JackiYo said...

Not sure when we'll be up next. For sure Canada Day - and by then we'll get to go IN the house :)

We'll be trying to get there before that, though, too.

CivilWar Fangirl said...

Maggi, thanks for the congratulations!! :)

Jacki, July 1st seems so long away but I think the next six weeks are just going to fly by for us!

Unknown said...

That's awesome, you two! I can't wait to see photos.

CivilWar Fangirl said...

Thanks, Pieter! We'll get some photos posted as soon as we're moved in.

Sean80 said...

Congrats on the house. Hopefully everything goes nice and smooth for you guys during the move and purchase. :)

Maybe your current neighbours are waterboarding and that's why they use so much. lol Too soon? :P