10:31 PM

On the mend...

Posted by CivilWar Fangirl

I am happy to say Jere is on the mend...finally! Poor guy has been down and out with this nasty virus since Tuesday afternoon!

It's still hanging around but he looks MUCH better today. He says he's still really tired and feels kinda weak, but who doesn't feel that way after your body has been waging war with germs for a few days?

When did I really notice the difference? I was at the museum here in Goderich volunteering for the afternoon, when I got a message from Jere: "I got THE craving...I need meat!". "The craving" refers to what always happens to both of us after we've been sick; we need protein, preferably in the form of a hamburger, preferably from Micky D's. In short, I brought him home a double cheeseburger when I was done at the museum, which he promptly wolfed down!

I'm glad he's got this weekend to rest up. We don't really have any plans at all so I think we'll just be taking it easy. I'm hoping we can get some gaming in (Gears of War 2, Lego Star Wars, Rock Band, etc. I'm up for just about anything actually...), maybe watch a movie and perhaps check out the Oscars (honestly, neither of us are overly hyped up about the Oscars).

Now here's hoping I don't come down with this nasty virus. I was sick a few weeks ago with a bit of a head cold but it didn't not kick my ass like this virus Jere has.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :)

0 comments: