4:58 PM

Follow the Leader

Posted by Failsafe

Last August, I posted about a new toy. It was the Garmin StreetPilot c330 GPS system and things have come along way since then. Last Thursday, Future Shop's Deal of the Day was the Garmin Nüvi 755T, regularly $549.99 on sale for $249.99. Here are some of the new features in this model:

  • 4.3" Touchscreen (my old GPS has a 3.5" screen)
  • Text-to-speech (it will speak street names instead of just saying the direction to turn)
  • Lane Assist - guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit (as seen in the photo above)
  • Lifetime Traffic (ad supported)
  • Route Planning - With route planning you can save 10 routes, specify via points and preview simulated turns on the 755T's wide screen. In addition, nüvi 755T automatically sorts multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for errands, deliveries or sales calls. It also displays speed limits for highways and Interstates. (nice!)
  • Optional 3D buildings on map
  • MP3 player, world travel clock, automatic time zone transition, currency converter, unit converter, calculator and more.
  • FM transmitter - you can hear audio, including voice prompts, MP3s and audio books, through your vehicle's stereo.
  • Find Yourself, Your Car - It automatically marks your position when you remove it from the windshield mount, so you can navigate with nüvi on foot and find your way back to your vehicle. Perfect for unfamiliar spots and crowded lots such as amusement parks, stadiums and malls (this would have been helpful last summer at Cedar Point).

There are many more features that will take a while to discover, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to giving this new model a try. I really like the new layout of the map that shows extra things current speed, next direction and speed limit. Check out this review some other handy information.

10 comments:

JackiYo said...

Sweet!! Why didn't you tell me? I would have picked one up, too! (Some brother you are. Sheesh.)

JackiYo said...

Oh, and that's quite the outfit your avatar has on. Giddy-up!

Failsafe said...

You need another one? Dad said the nuvi 250 (the one you have) is on sale for $150 at Canadian Tire.

Failsafe said...

Or better yet, the nuvi 260 is $199.99 (it has text-to-speech).

JackiYo said...

No, I don't "need" another one, really. Did you? ;)

CivilWar Fangirl said...

Don't try that argument with him. I already did...and it didn't work! ;)

I will tell you what he does need though...;)

JackiYo said...

What was the "I need another GPS" argument?

CivilWar Fangirl said...

I think it went something like this:

Me: Do you need, a new GPS? I mean, seriously?
Him: Well, no...but I want a new GPS.
It went back and forth for awhile like this with me using examples of stuff I want, like a wine cellar, my own tea plantation,etc. ;). Finally, when I realized I had lost this one, I ended it off by saying...
"Well, I think you need a boot to the head". ;)

JackiYo said...

The boot to the head was going to be my guess as to what he does need, but I thought I was way off! :)

CivilWar Fangirl said...

Sometimes it's not about what you want, but about what you need ;). *LOL*