10:52 PM

The Venue...

Posted by CivilWar Fangirl

Maybe this will make it seem like we've actually done a bit of wedding planning. We have a venue for our wedding! YAY!

And we are getting married at...

At the Huron County Museum in Goderich!

Why the museum?

This is where Jere and I met. As many of you know, Jere stills works there and I volunteer there a couple times a week.

We thought that this was the perfect place for us to get married since it has a lot of sentimental value for us.

Finding the venue and getting it booked was a HUGE relief for the both of us.

Now, as I said in a previous entry, we need to find a photographer (my mother is actually helping me with that), caterer, etc.

3 comments:

ICandee said...

Congrats! That's one big thing accomplished!

Sean80 said...

Cool. I've never known anyone to get hitched in a museum. You guys are like royalty...or ultimate nerds. ;) lol just kidding

You should look into this website: www.weddingannouncer.com. My friends are using it for theirs. You can provide people with all the details of your wedding from how you to met, to where they can stay, to who the wedding parties are (with little bios), etc. It's all free.

CivilWar Fangirl said...

Maggi: Thanks! :) It was such a relief to get that taken care of.

Sean: We're nerdy royalty ;) If we were total freaks, we'd somehow incorporate the two-headed calf AND the eight-legged kitty into the ceremony! ;)

Thanks for the website recommendation! I'm going to look into that. I'm registered at the knot.com but I haven't really done too much with that.